Friday, January 3, 2014

You Are No Coward

"For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control." - 2 Timothy 1:17


It's funny but I know a few people who, when upset, like to pretend like they are collapsing in grief and slide down against a wall crying, like in the movies. Actually, my 20 month old looooves to throw pity parties like this for attention. In all seriousness though, haven't you been in a situation where you want to give in to feeling bad for yourself and cry and say to yourself, "whoa is me?!" 

That used to be me, but God has shaped me into a stronger woman. God has spoken to my heart and has told me that I am His child and He has given me power in Jesus' Name and that my faith will prevail through anything. I need to live in that confidence no matter what comes at me. You need to live in that confidence no matter what comes at you. God did not create you to be a coward. He is stronger and more powerful than any situation that can try to rob you of your peace!  Cry out to The Lord, not out of despair and desolation, but as a child calls out to their Father because they know they will be rescued!

Today's Prayer:
Father, thank You for making me Your child and giving me the right to call out to You in strength and power. I know You are there for me through anything that comes to my life. You will see me through it all. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen. 

No comments: