Saturday, January 11, 2014

Psalm 91

"No evil shall befall you, no affliction come near your tent. For he commands his angels with regard to you, to guard you wherever you go" - Psalm 91: 10-11

This was probably the first psalm I ever memorized. My parents were business owners and when I was little we had a few run ins with burglars and people who meant harm. Being always worried, I held on to God and to this psalm in the bible as my way of reminding God of his promises to us. Every single day, God has been faithful to His promise.

I think it's important to note, however, that this psalm does not mean we won't go through hard times because we will. Difficulties are what form us and strengthen us. They key is understanding that as long as we are faithful to God, no harm will ever come upon our souls. We forever belong to Him and evil can't overcome us. Temporal things don't matter as long as we are planted in God and our souls belong to Him.

Today's Prayer:
Father, thank You for Your protection. I pray that You protection me and all of my family and friends from any evil and from anyone who wants to do us harm, and most of all, protect our souls from the evil one. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.

No comments: