Sunday, January 12, 2014

Be a Conqueror

"No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us." - Romans 8:37

Thanks be to God, I have never gone through anything terribly tragic but I have gone through days where I'm not even sure how I can make it through the day without crying constantly. I've felt scared. I've felt hopeless. I've honestly had days where I've felt like I was going to collapse and things would never get better. No one wants to or likes to suffer, but if it weren't for those moments, I would not be the person I am today.

Suffering builds our strength and endurance. I find myself being secure in situations in which maybe two years ago I would have felt terrified. God knows what He does and He allows life to shape us into better people. The question is simple : do you give in to the pain and allow it to destroy you, or do you buckle down and act in faith? Paul writes that there is nothing that could ever separate us from the love of Christ and that even in the worst situations, we are conquerors because Jesus loves us. Ironically, it takes pain and suffering for us to not only begin to understand this, but actually live with that confidently in our hearts.

How you handle the situation when problems arise is a choice in your hands. Choose to trust Christ. Choose to be a conqueror.

Today's Prayer:
Lord, You created us to be conquerors and not be afraid. Strengthen our faith and help us live bravely fully trusting You in everything, especially in our pains and sufferings and through fear and despair. In Jesus' name we pray, amen.

No comments: