Sunday, January 5, 2014

He Knows It All

"Behind and before you encircle me
and rest your hand upon me." - Psalm 139:5

If you're a mom, you're a great multi-tasker! There isn't a day when I'm not grabbing on to each of my kids trying to help them with something while talking on the phone or cleaning something at the same time! We're able to just juggle it all yet know exactly what we're doing, right? Well, God can do it even better! This is so important for us to grasp and take in because even the closest of children can feel jealous of the other or neglected. It's so easy to feel alone or like an outcast in this world. Feeling like that can help us feel further from God, but the truth is that if you read the rest of this psalm, the psalmist goes on to write that there is no where we could go to get away from God because God knows us thoroughly inside and out better than we could ever know ourselves! Even before we were born He thought to create us and planned for our existence!

There is nothing unintentional about you! There is nothing God doesn't know about you! And after all of that, He loves you and takes care of you and will continue to do so as a father tenderly watches over his children.

Today's Prayer:
Father, Your love for me humbles me. Sometimes I do feel lost. Sometimes I do feel ashamed of things I've done and think You can't love me like this, but I know that You really do. Thank You for reminding me of Your love for me and how much You want me to stay close to You. In Jesus's Name we pray, amen.

No comments: