Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Be Like Him

"Then God said: Let us make human beings in our image, after our likeness." - Genesis 1:26

My husband and I are always play arguing over who our kids look like. It's always a victory when a stranger comments that my boys look like me and he gloats when someone says they look like him. We love our children and always hope they got the best of us and that they go on to be so much more than we could ever be.

I'm sure that's something God intended for us when He created us in His image. He wanted us to look like Him in our capacity to love, to create, and to take care of our environment. So, we have to ask ourselves what are we doing with this God given purpose to be like Him in our world. Are we helping others. Are we showing love? Are we being merciful or are we only looking to receive? What can we do to show the hope God shows to us in this world? What can we do to show the compassion He offers to us? These are the questions we have to consider carefully each day and ask God to help us see more clearly as we grow closer to God and His family.

Today's Prayer:
Father, thank You for the honor of being made in Your image. Thank You for thinking of me and help me to live up to everything You created me to be. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.

No comments: