Thursday, September 13, 2007

An Exercise of Your Faith - Jesus Before You

"I saw someone like a son of man, dressed in a long robe tied with a golden girdle. His head and His hair are white as wool or as snow and His eyes are like flames of fire. His feet are like burnished bronze when it has been refined in a furnace. His voice is like the roaring of the waves." - Revelation 1:13-15

During his time in Patmos, the apostle John had a vision of our Lord Jesus Christ after His ascension into Heaven, in which He saw Him absolutely radiant in all of His glory as King. That's a really powerful image of Jesus but I have another which I'd like to share with you; one I'd like you to take a few minutes to pray and meditate on when you can today. It will help you meet Jesus in Your prayers.

When I meditate, I picture myself on a grassy hill on a beautiful spring afternoon. The breeze blows gently on the grass and flowers, and over a hill, I see Jesus walking over to me. He wears a long white robe and His dark brown hair reaches His shoulders. He comes closer and I see the warmth in His face as our eyes meet. He's come to meet me; He came specifically to see me. Without saying a word He sits next to me and looks me in the eyes with so much concern…He knows what I'm feeling…my pain, my joys, my fears, they don't need to be explained because with the way He's looking at me, I know He's able to fully comprehend all I'm feeling…and the emotions surface as the tears well up in my eyes. As a loving mother picks up her 4 year old child to hug, so does Jesus take me into His arms to hold me, and I let myself be embraced by my Lord who has already laid down His life for me. He says to me, "Peace be with you, I give you my peace," as He wipes the tears away. "Not as the world gives peace do I give it to you. Do not be troubled; do not be afraid. As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; remain in my love (John 14:27, 15:9)." And there on the hill, my Lord consoles me and gives me peace, for I know He is forever by my side.

While I know Jesus is strong and powerful, I also know He's my friend. So much more than a God, He's a companion that understands me fully and longs for the moments in which I pour out all I'm feeling to Him. He's there when no one else is. He's been the only one to never fail me and as much as I've betrayed Him, I know He'll always, always be there. Remain in His love.

Today's Prayer:
Lord Jesus, I love You. You are my best friend, not just a God. Thank You for walking with me and holding my hand through out my ups and downs. Help me to introduce Your love and friendship to those that need a true friend. In Your Name we pray, Amen.

No comments: