Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Humble Yourself

"If then my people, upon whom my name has been pronounced, humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven and pardon their sins and heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

The beginning of anything great starts when we humble ourselves. To me, it's more than being the opposite of prideful. To me, humility involves letting down all of your walls so that you can truly see God and allow Him to truly see you. Of course, God can see you if He wants to, but do you reveal yourself as you are or do you hide? No, let down the walls, give up your defenses and present yourself to God.

When you do this, you become stronger because it's no longer your strength but God's that drives your life. When we try to have control of our lives and want our own will to be done, we become lost because we are limited in our knowledge of what's good for us and what's not. But, when we give the reigns over to God in humility, He elevates us to places we could never have imagined. We were designed to be taken care of by Him and instead we try to do it by ourselves. Once we let go, God will bring the blessings He intended for us into our lives.

Today's Prayer:
Father, please take care of me. Help me to be humble and give up on everything I'm holding on to and give it up to You. I know only You know best. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.

No comments: