Monday, January 27, 2014

Feeling Sick?

"Jesus said to them in reply, "Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do." - Luke 5:31

I've mentioned before that ever since I became a mother, my relationship with God has changed. I began to understand a little bit more about how God sees us because we are His children. My 3 year old developed pneumonia over the weekend with a fever of 102 that didn't break for days. My heart was broken. I didn't sleep looking after him and my husband I would say that we would do anything to take the pain ourselves and make him better.

Well, that's what God did for us. A soul weighed down by sin is a sick soul and God looks with sorrow at us when we are sick. Many might feel like He looks down with judgement and anger, but what God really wants is for us to be healthy again and live life the way He created us to live it. He sent Jesus so that He could literally take the pain unto Himself and we could be better. What parent can't understand that and be able to relate to that? So, don't ever feel ashamed to ask for forgiveness because He wants nothing more than for you to be healed and be made whole.

Today's Prayer:
Father, thank You for Your healing. Thank You for giving us the honor of being Your children and that we can go freely to You to be made healthy again. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.

No comments: