Thursday, February 6, 2014

Growing Pains

"And Jesus advanced in wisdom and age and favor before God and man." - Luke 2:52

A child can never fill his father's shoes. He has to grow and became a man before he can literally fill them. The same concept goes for our spiritual, mental, and emotional maturity when we want something.

Oftentimes we get upset and frustrated when things don't go our way. It can be anything from a promotion at work to waiting for God to send the perfect spouse. I know I have definitely felt like that with things I have wanted to achieve. The truth is that we have to grow into it before we can have it. Even Jesus, being God and all, had to grow into being the man capable of fulfilling the mission He came to accomplish. So, when things don't seem to be going your way, ask God to show you where you still need to grow and to help you along that path.

Today's Prayer
Father, thank You for raising me. Thank You for guiding my footsteps. You know my heart and all I want to achieve. Please help me be a person capable of being all of those things. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.

No comments: