Sunday, February 9, 2014

Be Not Afraid

"Do not fear: I am with you;
do not be anxious: I am your God.
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

Fear is such a liar. It robs us of our peace. It not only takes over our minds with negativity but it also makes us physically sick. But did you ever notice most of our fears are worries about things we think might happen in the future? When in reality, right now, at this very moment, things are ok? And even if they aren't and your worst fear is a reality right now, do you believe God can make good out of this and bring you the peace you need?

I struggle with this so much. We know Jesus says that we either have faith or we don't, so I need to remind myself that then the choice to be afraid or not is up to me. We either trust or we don't. Living with a heart full of fear and anxiety is no way to live when God has promised time and time again to take care of us. I will chose to trust. I will chose to let go and not give space to fear in my heart and mind. I pray we all can.

Today's Prayer:
Father, strengthen my heart and help me to dispel all fear and negativity from my being. I want to live in Your light and live freely knowing I am always in Your hands. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.

No comments: