Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rely On God

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence do not rely; In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6

All great change in our lives begin in our minds. I have been waiting such a long time for God to answer a prayer of mine. I have days I am confident that it will all come together soon and I have other days when I feel in despair. When those days of despair come, I have to put my mind in check. I have to go and pray to Him for strength.

Relying on our own strength is when we try to fix things on our own without going to God first. This is when our minds do the worst to us. We allow ourselves to think God has abandoned us and that things will never work out for us. I know this happens to me all the time! But by going to God, He assures me and gives me peace. Peace that stays with me even when things seem like they are falling apart.

Today's Prayer:
God, give me strength, especially when I have none of my own. Give me patience when I see no way out in sight. Help me to stay focused on You and Your love and promises. I know You are good. I know You are faithful. Help me to stay strong. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.

No comments: