Friday, January 31, 2014

No Rest For The Weary

"He lay down and fell asleep under the solitary broom tree, but suddenly a messenger touched him and said, "Get up and eat!"" - 1 Kings 19:5

Say what you will about cliches, but they are usually always true. In my case, there really is no rest for the weary. I shared earlier in the week that my 3 year old was sick, and last night my 21 month started with the same symptoms just as I was starting to feel like myself again.

This got me thinking about life and how sometimes we feel stuck in the same rut, feeling tired with no rest. The awesome thing about the bible is that we can look back and see the lives of God's closest friends and see that their lives were no different. They each struggled but at the end were victorious. Feeling tired and weary, and even feeling tired of being tired is a natural part of life, but what sets the children of God apart is how He nourishes us through the journey. In this verse, the prophet Elijah was tired and just wanted to hide, but an angel of The Lord appeared to him and gave him bread and water and told him to eat and drink and keep going on his journey. And God does the same for us when we look for Him during our journeys.

Tonight's Prayer:
Father in Heaven, thank You for the journey I am on. Although sometimes I'm tired with no rest in sight, You remind me that only You give strength and rest. Give me the help I need to keep going on with joy. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.

No comments: